Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Magic

Photography is really subjective. Someone can love one picture and hate another, where someone elses opinions may be completely opposite. But a picture may be appealing to one person and not to another for a number of reasons. Something that I think makes a picture great is capturing something important to the photographer. Those pictures that just make you smile when you look at them. The ones that bring back a flood of memories. The picture may be blurry and out of focus...it may be a snapshot of friends...or a shot that took a while to capture and set up. Sometimes those blurry pictures are more magical then the ones that took ages to get just right. Those pictures caught on the spur of the moment. These are generally the pictures that hold memories. They can be cheesy and completely set up. They may be just another picture to someone. However, if they mean something to the photographer, then that is a truely great picture. I love those pictures I find where they just make me smile. These photographs are usually ones of my friends and I. I can usually look at goofy faces smiling back and remember a story relating to the image. I think photography is more than capturing a perfect picture, it's about capturing a memory. I know that is completely cliched. But I want to share with you some of my favourite shots and the memories they have for me. Now I warn you, they are not amazing, or even ones that others may enjoy. However, I enjoy them and they make me laugh, which I think is important.
This picture reminds me of the trip we took to Montreal for French.


This picture was obviously not taken by me...but it is my favourite semi picture.


This was also not taken by me...but it reminds me of all those times we spent in Katelyn's pool every summer.


This picture represents the intense lake adventure we go on to take pictures.


So Kalynn and I went camping at Sandbanks...we saw this path like thing from our campsite...so we adventured on it with our bikes. Guess what? It wasn't a path...so we struggled through and we came to this clearing. A circle of field completely surrounding by trees. It was hilarious this adventure. This photograph is taken in the random field we found.

So this was a really long post. Now I'm off to bed because it's 12:04 and I have an anthro exam in the morning. Farewell!

2 comments:

  1. awhh
    look friends
    i like those people
    they're just to sweet
    awhh some of these are so old !
    this is nice
    i like this ;D

    ReplyDelete